Monday, April 4, 2011

Cover Girl: Reese Witherspoon for ELLE UK

Bitchface.

Subscriber's Cover
Silk Jacket by Stella McCartney. Silk Bustier by Isabel Marant.
Shoes by Brian Atwood. Leather cuff by Hermès.



ELLE UK May 2011 Issue
Editorial: "Reese Is The Word"
Photographer: Ben Hassett
Stylist: Heather Mary Jackson


We squealed with delight at the above pic. As you may know, Reese is at the top of the list entitled "Celebrities We Can't Stand," but this picture captures the clawing ambition and get-the-fuck-outta-my-way attitude we are convinced is closer to the real Reese than the "Aw shucks, I'm just a good old southern girl trying to do my best and raise my babies" act she foists on the public. Reese, you should play a total bitch in one of your movies (instead of the partial one you normally play). It seems ages since she took a risk or took a role that didn't bolster her image somehow.

On her first marriage: “Oh, I was so, so young. I was, like, ridiculously young. I learnt a lot, though. It was a good opportunity for me to really find out what it means to be a partner and to be in a marriage and it’s not anything that I thought it was,” she told the May edition of UK magazine Elle. “You can’t say, ‘I don’t want to talk about that.’ You just can’t. You’ve got to talk about it all.”

On finding love again: “It’s an exciting feeling. [Somebody saying], ‘You’re the one.’ And it’s a surprise. You know, I’m surprised when people who aren’t related to me see my movies,” she explained. “And you’re surprised somebody wants to be with you because, boy, I’ve got a lot of quirks and wrinkles.”

On friendship: “Friendships are work. You can only have a friend if you are a friend. You’ve got to be there. I really want to be the person who shows up for people when they need me,” she explained. “[My friends and I] tell each other everything. Stuff is hard to deal with, and we’ve gone through a lot together. I have an incredible support system.”

"Boy, I've got a lot of quirks and wrinkles!"

Puh-lease. Still...

Cotton Dress by Emporio Armani. Leather cuff by Hermès.

...these are the best pics of her we've seen in a while. Way better than that Nancy Reagan impersonation she was doing on the cover of Entertainment Weekly last week.

Reese, when the "I'm just a mom trying my best" act stops yielding results, switch to the "I'm ambitious and don't take shit from anyone" act. You'll become an instant gay icon.

[Photo Credit: Bank via thefashionspot.com, becomegorgeous.com]


Post a Comment


Labels: , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment